Monday, October 12, 2009

Prayers Answered and Awards

Friends....

It has been forever...I have missed you all soooo much!! Well work has calmed down some and I am still doing the 12's but they seem to be getting easier, if that makes any sense...

Want to thank all of you for all the kind words, prayers and emails about my sissy, she is doing better, and they are pretty sure once the swelling goes down in her head, she will regain her eyesight. She has some now, and they say it will just continue to improve, so that is very great news!! Differently an answer to prayer...the chemo she starts in the next few weeks will kill all those cancer cells, it is 100% effective so that will take care of the thyroid cancer, as for the brain tumor still inactive and they really aren't saying much about that right now, there are other things to take care of first and the chemo only goes after the thyroid cancer, so we don't know about the other yet...But still wonderful news from where we were before...Thank you all so very much!!

While I was away I received some awards and just want to say thank you for those...Sandy and doc have left me an "Over the top" blog award

Photobucket

1. Where is your cell phone? Charger

2. Your hair? Dark

3. Your mother? Left

4. Your father? Left

5. Your favorite food? Steak

6. Your dream last night? None

7. Your favorite drink? Coffee

8. Your dream/goal? Fit

9. What room are you in? Kitchen

10. Your hobby? Writing

11. Your fear? Leaving

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Alive

13. Where were you last night? Play

14. Something that you aren’t? Shy

15. Muffins? Blueberry

16. Wish list item? Socks

17. Where did you grow up? Stillwater

18. Last thing you did? Snuggle

19. What are you wearing? Shirt

20. Your TV? Off

21. Your pets? Scooby

22. Friends? Heartwarming

23. Your life? Progressing

24. Your mood? Improving

25. Missing someone? Often

26. Vehicle? Taurus

27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes

28. Your favorite store? Catos

29. Your favorite color? Navy

30. When was the last time you laughed? Now

31. Last time you cried? Friday

32. Your best friend? Hubby

33. One place that I go to over and over? Work

34. One person who emails me regularly? Friends

35. Favorite place to eat? Outback


Your Blog Is the Over the Top
I pass the award onto these folks who are fairly new to my reading list--but all more popular than me! I still love many others (you know who you are!)
1.Jack-Jacksh*t getting fit
2.Kari- Fat(free)me
3.Dawn- bbubblyb
4.Lynn-Actual scale
5.MB
6.266


I also received an Honest Scrap Award so I will try to list 10 things about myself that know one knows, Sean has told a lot so this may be hard...but I will try....

Photobucket


1.When something needs to be done, I take charge, I don't like waiting until the last minute to get things done. I would rather have it done then relax, as to wait and dread about it the whole time. The longer you procrastinate the longer the torture, get it done and be done...

2.Both of my parents left me, and I was raised and then adopted by my grandparents who really weren't actually my biological grandparents, but loved and cared for me just the same, they are both gone now both died at the age of 84 when our girls were young in fact, Courtney doesn't even remember them, and Amber hardly does. That is sad to me cause they were the greatest people I have ever known...But because my parents both left me and I always feared my grandparents leaving me too, because they were in their mid 60's when I was born. I have a fear of being alone and being left. Losing someone I hold dear, or people leaving me.

3.I had a great up bringing with my grandparents went to church every Sunday sang in the choir, sang at every revival and did plays every play we did. Went to church camp and Loved to play softball, I was the pitcher and got money from grandpa every home run I hit, Grand slams were more...lol We had a huge garden that we took care of all summer long, sometimes all day long, we in a since had two, cause when my uncle Emmit died aunt Minnie needed help with hers, and hers was as big as ours, if not bigger. I would eat her strawberries and blackberries which we did not have in ours, and i would get into trouble, cause they Knew by my face I had eaten them...I would have to go for the two things that stain more than any other....

4.Even though grandpa was well into his 70's when i was playing softball, he still practiced with me everyday and made a tire so I could pitch into it, as long as it went through the middle of that tire, it would be a strike every time. It made me good, better then good, it made me one of the best. I was asked to play for the high school team and if I would have been allowed to I know I would have went far probably scholarships and everything. I wasn't allowed to though because we had away games and grandpa and grandma didn't feel comfortable with letting me go. Which I didn't understand then, but i do understand now. Who knows where my life would have been if they would had let me do that one thing, it would have changed it all around. It was a true love though and I was good at it, so I wasn't happy with them telling me no.

5.It is hard for me to hurt someone else's feelings, and I am always cautious about doing so. This is one of my greatest regrets I will share with you...well you know I was adopted and I could never call my grandparents Mom and Dad this hurt my grandmas feelings so bad, and to this day I don't know why I never did, the only thing I can come up with is that I wasn't officially adopted until I was eleven and by then, I was so used to calling them grandma and grandpa, plus the dad that I thought was my dad, was still around the house, their son and i didn't want to hurt his feelings, and then my mom would come to visit with my seven full blood sisters and brothers and she wanted to be called mom, my sisters and brothers all called her mom so I didn't want to hurt any of their feelings, but I hurt the two people who most cared for me and that i cared the most about....How odd is that? I know, I don't understand it either....

6.I saved my sister JoEllens's life three times. No I am for real...The first time was when she was meeting a friend half way between our house and the friends and I can still see her standing there, she was about 6 and i was seven, her long curly hair blowing in the breeze, I was in our back yard playing and she was a few houses down at the neighbors drive standing there on the gravel waiting for her friend. It was the Westmorlins property and they were gone for the summer to California. I was playing when i seen a yellow firebird pull up beside her. Thought at first he was just asking for directions, until he got out of his car and was going around to her. I sensed something and started running in her direction yelling mom dad at the top of my lungs, knowing no one was home. I ran so hard and fast I kicked there dog in the head, but i didn't have time to stop I killed it instantly. All the screaming for mom and dad though made the guy look at me and get back in his car and peel out of the little gravel driveway. The next time was at the lake she couldn't swim very well and she was going under and I got her back to safety no one was around just us and grandma and grandpa didn't know how to swim. The next time was when we were coming back from the pool that we went to everyday in the summer and they had closed it for the weather we had to walk home and there was this metal bridge we had to cross and the lightening was intense, we were on the bridge when I out of no where told them all to jump the lightening struck right above our heads and a big tree limb feel down by our feet it was raining so hard and I knew we had to get to shelter so I got us all there and I was only eleven, but I always looked out for my sissy's. I guess there is four times because the next one Jo and I were at a water park and we had went down the slide and landed in the pool of water at the bottom only I didn't see Jo at first, she hadn't come up, then I seen her feet kicking, her head was stuck in the pipe the suction one and it was filling with water and she couldn't get loose cause the suction was holding her there. I immediately went and found someone, cause again no one saw her but me. They cane and shut it off and we were able to get her out, but they said to me any longer and that could have been real bad. Shortly after that the park closed down again I was only seven.

7.I had touched on the fact that Sean had to leave the room with our youngest child. Not by choice but they made him leave. Courtney was breech and they tried to do an emergency c-section but the doctor who was on call wouldn't answer his page so I had to have her feet first without any thing not even Tylenol and they made me sign a paper that if anything happened to her or me then they were not liable. I don't think before that day him or I prayed so much in our entire lives. We got through it and mom and baby were fine. But made it where I never wanted anymore Sean did he wanted a boy and we tried, but we weren't able to so we gave up.

8.I love to write, Sean and I have actually written many things we have written songs and a screen play, we have so many ideas for so many things...I don't know if you have heard of the T.V. show Medium, but I wrote it, like a year or two before it came out it wasn't called Medium, but it was the same principle..If I had nothing else to do I would just write.

9.Sean asked me to marry him by saying that his grandma said we were already
spending so much time together we should just make it legal and right in god's eyes. I said okay I guess, and here we are. I never got an engagement ring, we didn't even have our own wedding bands we borrowed my grandparents after all they were married 62 years so they were perfect. It wasn't until years later we got some of our very own.

10.The last one and the biggest, well I told you we were married young and we were married in a church, but not the kind of wedding you always dream of when you are growing up. Since I was raised by my grandparents and they believed strongly that you only wear white if you are pure and since I wasn't I had a pink J.C. Penny' s dress and Sean was dressed in a plaid shirt and maroon pants, a wedding from the 1800's is what we looked like. Someday I want an actual wedding in a REAL wedding dress and white with my colors and all. Sean in a tux and the only bad thing is my grandpa wont be giving me away again....I have always wanted a real wedding, maybe when we renew our vows...wink wink...I hope its soon!!


Well there you go some things you didn't know about me, and maybe some things you didn't want to or care to know...but there it is......

Boy I made this long....lol

Cheers to new beginnings,
Irene

28 comments:

  1. Glad your sis is doing better, continued prayers and support coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God your sister is getting her sight back! Prayers that the treatment will heal her completely!
    I have missed you! I for one am glad to see the long post : )
    Hope everything else will slow to a more comfy pace for your family! Hugs to you!

    lots of love!

    Pam : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear your sister is doing better and her sight is coming back. Hope the chemo goes ok for her. Back in 1990 my mom had Cancer and chemo and prayers is what saved her life so I know it can and does happen. I'm still praying *hugs*.

    Thanks for the award I really enjoyed reading all the things about you. Sounds like you had the best grand parents.

    I look forward to seeing pictures from that big wedding some day too *smile*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irene, you have such a pure heart you deserve to wear that white wedding dress. I hope that day comes real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sean basically tricked you into marrying him, huh? That's what I figured...

    Thanks for the nod on the award. You rock a tad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely deserve these awards and probably others :)
    Good news about your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks sweetie - I gave it to you, too. :)
    Great minds, eh?


    Glad to hear good news about your sister & hopefully the news will stay positive.

    Can't wait to hear about that vow renewal when it happens...I bet there will be dancing involved. lol

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award, Irene!

    I am glad your sister seems to be doing better. I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts still since positive vibes never hurt! I love your lists; especially the second one. Lots of great stories there! Congratulations on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some good news about your sister! That's great!
    You are an amazing person. I read Sean's blog today too and can see how amazing the 2 of you really are!
    I know your faith gets you through.
    Thank you for continuing to inspire me.
    I pray for more good news for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like sis has a guardian angel working in cohorts with you.

    glad she's doing better,irene.

    renewed vows? sounds like an amazing plan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you baby. It's been an extraordinary life hasn't it? We'll have that wedding someday my lady, we will. And we'll have a real honeymoon this time. My grandma thinks it's a good idea, so maybe we should. LOL---I was such an idiot!!!!! But I was just a 17 year old kid!!! Remember that. We were kids pretending to be adults. We didn't have a clue.
    I love you baby and we're headed to a wonderful place. Let's get there together hand in hand.

    Love you
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that your sister is doing ok. It was VERY cool to read more about you. I just found your site today thgough Seans site. That was a great post you left him.

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you back. Happy about your sister's vision and the great expectations about the chemo.

    You sure wrote some honest scrap! The story about pitching through the tire and your grandparents' strict rules was really interesting. . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad your sister is getting her sight back.God is good
    Thankyou for all you shared in this post
    I loved getting to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were missed, but I think we all understand how busy things are for you right now!

    Thank you so much for the award, I really appreciate that. I loved reading your answers to both awards and I hope you get a renewal of vows type of ceremony with Sean, that would be lovely. A live web-streaming might be in order for all your online family now though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Irene, so glad we finally got to meet the other night at the play! We've got to find time to do supper! After reading Sean's blog today about the horrible kidnapping story, I have a new respect for you and your strength. And now, learning about your upbringing, it all makes even more sense!Tell that man of yours that I know of a good minister who will do the "renewal ceremony!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you spell Angels? So glad to hear about your sis's sight.

    Love reading you.

    -Dayne

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a 5x cancer survivor... no CONQUEROR (I didn't survive that shit I beat it up & spit it out just like every one of us does when we can!) I can attest to the fact that family support, love, positive attitude & most of all prayers will bring your sister to the place she needs to be... in God's hands. It is his decision in the end, but it's our matter to take hold of and direct in the positive way.

    You, your family & your sister in particular are in my thoughts & prayers. SHE CAN beat this... but something I always remembered while I was struggling with my battles:

    THIS, on earth right now, is a mere zillionth of a fraction of "eternity". While nobody wants to leave our loved ones & nobody wants to lose our loved ones, knowing that the "other side" is beauty, pain free, life forever can often help us deal with whatever answer God gives us.

    THAT is from MY perspective as a person battling the ugly "C" & hopefully can help others realize that no matter what our end result is... the big picture is what counts.

    Hang tough! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Been thinking about you. Hope you're doing ok. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could be there to take the pictures when you finally renew your vows in a gorgeous dress with the love of your life by your side. I'm sure the photos will be stunning and I can't wait to see them.

    Thanks for the Over the Top Award (at least I hope you meant me but even if you didn't I'm going to take it and run with it ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you.
    Missing You.


    Take care of you hunny

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are well, Irene. I miss your presence in the blogoshere... you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Man, reading this blog makes it sound like you and Sean are very happy together. What happened in only a few weeks? You were going to renew your vows and now your splitting up?...I'm so sorry. Good luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you, sean, and your family. Even when I have no clue what's going on I still try to remember that God is still in charge.

    I hope you can find some peace.

    -Alan "foolsfitness"

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Irene -

    I know you've taken a break from blogging because of everything that is going on in your life but I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and hope you come back to the blog world soon.

    I'm sure it must be hard dealing with all the changes that are happening right now but I like to believe everything happens for a reason and you will find even more happiness in your new life.

    Sending hugs and prayers to you.

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you back here soon.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Irene,

    Hope you are doing okay, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you...I was shocked when I read on Seans blog. We miss you in the blogging world - hope you come back soon.

    Misssarahlou :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Irene -

    I'm not sure if you even check your comments on here anymore but wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. I'm sure yesterday was tough for you. I hope you are enjoying your new life and would love to hear what you've been up to. All the best to you and your beautiful family. Things change but the love you have for each other will always remain. Take care.

    ReplyDelete